Saira Memorial Hospital (SMH) has partnered with Excel Labs to provide top quality lab tests for the patients of the hospital. Excel Labs has established a state of the art lab with a cloud based patient information software to achieve this goal.
We ensure accurate patient results by:
- Using teams of highly skilled technologists directly supervised by pathologists.
- Participating in College of American Pathologists (CAP) Quality Assurance Program since 1997.
- Using well organized automated ordering systems to eliminate errors in sample collection and test requests and high performance analyzers with top quality reagents.
Excel labs is equipped with state of the art chemical analyzers from internationally recognized manufacturers such as Abbott, Roche, Diasorin etc. These instruments allow a high level of performance and a wide range of testing such as:
- Chemistry profiles and panels including thyroid tests.
- Diabetes testing including HbA1c and micro albuminuria.
- Thyroid and fertility testing.
- Complete range of Hepatitis profiles and PCR testing.
- Tumor markers including PSA, CA-125 and AFP.
- Metabolic evaluation by Vit D, B12/Folate levels, insulin, ACTH, Parathyroid hormone.
Excel Labs was the first lab in South Asia to install the Sysmex XE-5000 Automated Hematology Analyzer. This system utilizes the power of fluorescent flow cytometry and hydrodynamic focusing to provide the sensitivity needed for measuring and differentiating cell types in whole blood and body fluid samples.
- All abnormal smears and slides are reviewed by our full time hematologists/pathologists.
- PT/aPTT and blood clotting studies are performed in Japanese automated coagulation analyzers.
Biopsies and cytology are reported by highly experienced British and US trained Histopathologists.
- Routine histopathology (Including bone biopsies)
- ER/PR receptors on breast cancer and Immunostains for difficult cases.
- Slides for 2nd opinion
- Difficult and unusual cases for USA 2nd Opinon.
- FNA of breast and other areas.
This section is headed by a full time microbiologist supervised by Prof. Dr. Shagufta Hussain, a renowned Microbiologist. It follows international standards and guidelines. It follows internationally established guidelines and procedures, and utilizes top rate bacterial media and the BACTEC blood culture system for superior quality reporting.
- Entire range of cultures and sensitivities are performed.
- Quick and accurate blood cultures using automated equipment.
- All media are prepared in house using top quality reagents.
LABCORP- Another step for better patient service
Out of 5000+ tests available in the US only about 500 are performed in Pakistan. At times more specialized tests are needed to diagnose and manage different conditions. Sometimes, a specific test may be needed to definitely establish a diagnosis and ensure correct treatment. Under the agreement with National Reference Lab, Abu Dhabi (managed by LabCorp USA), SMH lab can send tests to USA at affordable rates.
The Hospital Radiolgy section works under the supervision of qualified Radiologists and fully trained technicians providing all routine radiology services using modern equipment including C-Arm, Coloured Doppler Ultra sound machine and Digital X-Ray machine.